Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Red, White, Blue and Tropical!

This year for America's Independence Day, the local baseball stadium didn't show any firworks, which meant if we actually wanted to watch some, we would have to go somewhere (besides the park ten minutes away. But first(!), my mother took my siblings and I to see Maleficent, which was ah-mazing! I love Angelina Jolie, and could go on about her for hours, but how 'bout no.

Here's what I wore:



Instead of dressing all themed in the obvious stars and stripes, I took a more subtle approach. (Good thing too, cuz I saw a girl wearing the exact Jessica Simpson shirt I would have worn if I had wanted to look more patriotic)

"Blue jeans, white shirt, walked into the room..."

I drew my inspiration from Lana Del Rey's song "Blue Jeans". Even though she's referring to a man wearing the outfit, I just think it's such a classic look you can never get wrong.

So I had my blue jeans, white shirt, and red lips!


This is my beautiful friend Maria, who accompanied us to see the firework show. I totally admired her trendy harem pants that she bought at the Grand Bazaar whilst in Turkey last month! With her wrap-around top and suede smoking slippers, I thought the look was so stylish and versatile.





On hot summer days I have a love-hate relationship with clothing, As in, I love to wear clothing, but at the same time, I try to wear as little as possible. I just get too darn hot!

Because the show was outdoors (duh), I changed into something a little less... yeah, just less.
I got this cute tropical print bodysuit at Forever 21. I'm obsessed with it. It has a low back and a high cut leg, and it reminds me of swimsuits from the eighties (I've even worn it as a swimsuit, because WTH?)! With my favorite denim shorts, I was cool, comfortable, and ready to watch an awesome firework show.

This picture makes me happy.   Check out my sister's patriotic lippie! U.S.A! U.S.A!!
I had a great time last Friday, and I hope everyone else did too, regardless of the country you are from. So putting all thoughts of clothing aside; Happy Birthday U.S.A!!!

Until next time - Kae

No comments:

Post a Comment