Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

Scenic View

"A weed is no more than a flower in disguise" 

-James Russell Howell


Hello dearies! Last weekend K, Samantha, and I took a (not so long) trip to our lovely mountains for a photo shoot. It was a hoot and a half even though the wind was blowing and there were a lot of cars driving in the background. If you haven't ever seen a mountain (let alone been on one) I would recommend to go with a few friends because the view is truly awe-inspiring. 




On our excursion I decided to wear a simple white skirt to compliment my floral popcorn shirt as well as a pair of lace flats. The shirt is actually one-size fits all so I pulled some fabric from each side to the front in order to tie it so it was a little bit more form fitting. 


Here Samantha and I are reflecting on life



The great thing about this shirt was that the fabric was pliable enough to wear either on the shoulder or off the shoulder. Personally, I love wearing anything off the shoulder because not only does it fill me with a sense of sophistication, but it shows off the natural beauty of one's own body without exposing too much.






I wore a strawberry locket to compliment the pinks and reds of the shirt. However, earlier that day I was given a very special necklace from Samantha and K (made by K) and I just couldn't resist putting it on. Even though it didn't quite match my outfit I thought it looked adorable. Having a unique and personal touch is the key to any successful outfit so be sure to wear the things that you love or things that have a special place in your heart regardless of whether it clashes with your outfit because if it makes you happy, how bad can it possibly be?






You might have seen a photo like this on K's blog post (Last Sunday Drive) but if you haven't be sure to check it out if you want to hear all about K's outfit!


Please feel free to comment about my outfit, jewelry, the scenery, the universe, pi, or anything you like. As always, you're welcome to return at anytime and play dress-up with us.

Until we meet again,
Your faithful friend
Bre



2 comments:

  1. Ooh "excursion"! Love your word choice, and this is what pi sounds like: http://youtu.be/wK7tq7L0N8E

    ReplyDelete