Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Prom 2014: Pretty In Peach




Last night was Prom Night. The night we've been waiting for forever! and here's what I wore:

Obligatory stairway pic

Me and Bre

(From left) Felicity, me, and Bre.

Felicity's beau, Justin, photobombing us.

(from left) my sister Sam, dear friend Stef, and me
I wear long dresses a lot. Like at least once every-other month. So instead I wanted to wear a suit. I was first inspired to wear a suit to a school dance by Blaise Harmon who is a character  in L. Jane Smith's "Spellbinder" in her Night World series. Plus, I just think they look so classy.

This beautiful peach suit is from Victoria's Secret (Jacket, $98Pants $59.50). Kind of pricey, but so worth it. I love it, and I can wear it for all kinds of occasions. Under the jacket I'm wearing a sheer black Lily White top from Dillard's, and a black lace Guess bustier, $90, also from Dillard's. The shoes I bought 
at a store called Waltz (brand is Speed Limit 98, style is FLOWER-S), and they were only twenty bucks!

I finished it off with a bright orange lippie, a bold black wing, and some pearl earrings my mother bought in China.

Prom was a blast, but I think I had the most fun eating chicken nuggets at McDonald's afterwards, with Bre, Sam, Stef, and Stef's boyfriend and mother (Thanks Gigi!!). Which just goes to show: it's not how much you spend, or how fab you look that makes a night, but the company you are in. And I was in some great company. And even though tickets were utterly overpriced for what it was, and I spent way too much money for three hours of jumping on an overcrowded dance floor, I wouldn't have missed Senior prom for anything (except maybe a Gaga concert, or Miley, or Lana...).

What did you wear to your prom?
And what do you think of female suits?

Until I catch up on sleep - Kae, xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Female suits are very chic, you definitely stood out!

    ReplyDelete