Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

May the luck o' the Irish bless ye...

 
"I complained that I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet" -Irish saying

 
 
Hello dearies! It is wonderful to see you again, it has been far too long since our last encounter.
 
It is almost St. Patrick's day, and you know what that means; green. Soon there will be an assault of green clothing, hair, makeup, and food. Too bad the actual color of St. Patrick's day is blue. Wait...What?! I know what you're thinking: 'Bre you must be crazy; green is the color of leprechauns, clovers, and Ireland so there is no way that the color is supposed to be blue.'
 
I know it sounds odd but it is true. Back in the day green used to be considered an un-lucky color; imagine that...Unlucky. St. Patrick actually never wore green and was seen in blue tunics very often which is why the original official color of the holiday was blue. However, over time it has changed to green simply because of the popularity of the iconic symbols of the Irish that we all know and love.
 
Now you may be wondering why I am telling you all of this when this is a fashion blog not a history blog. Well, I believe that in order to do something you must understand why you are doing it, otherwise the action is meaningless. Green isn't just an annoying holiday color; it is a part of the history of our world, so be proud to wear it.
 
I have composed a few outfits that I thought suited this holiday and I am pleased to share them with you.
 
 
 
 
First I have a simple casual outfit that has only a slight green undertone.
 

 
 
 
 
 
As you can see, alone none of the items are all that remarkable. Plain olive pants and a plain white shirt may seem quite boring to some, but to me this outfit allows the true beauty of the wearer to be shown without distractions. Hats and sun glasses, although optional, do provide a little pizazz that really make you stand out in a crowd.
 
 
 
However, if you want to be more dressed up, whether it be for a party or just because, you can never go wrong with a dress.
 
 
 
 

 
 
This certainly has more green than the last outfit but it still has a feeling of sophistication and elegance. Not only does it have a plethora of different shades of green, it also has splashes of blue that really showcase the true meaning of St. Patrick's day.
 
 
Personally I don't like to accessorize my outfits too much but if you feel like wearing green shamrock necklaces or a goofy "Kiss me I'm Irish" bracelet then be my guest. St. Patrick's day is a day to be yourself and celebrate. Just remember, you don't have to change your style to fit the holiday; let it change to fit you.
 
Please feel free to comment and share your unique St. Patrick's day outfits, and as always, you are always welcome to come again at any time.
 
 
 
Until we meet again,
Your faithful friend
Bre


1 comment:

  1. Love where you placed your lace flat! Very clever.

    ReplyDelete