Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

On Monday We Wear Green

I'm not Irish. I think my family may be of Irish descent, but I'm adopted and I'm like 99.9999% sure I am not, so I don't really celebrate St. Patrick's Day other than wearing green. Really any excuse for a fashion challenge is right up my alley. The thing is, I don't wear green, so what do I don on such an occasion? Well, if I was staying inside all day I guess it wouldn't matter. But I actually went out tonight, and I really didn't care to be pinched all evening. The only garment I have with a true green color (e.g., not teal or mint, which are the only shades of green I seem to wear) is in the skirt from this great outfit from AMI Clubwear.


Black Multi Galaxy Food Print Sexy Outfit @ Amiclubwear Outfits...
Okay, I openly admit, it's a strange get-up. I almost find it hideous, but I love it too much. It kind of reminds me the cat print outfit Miley wore, which, I'm not gonna lie, is one of the reasons I bought it. And I do realize the green is only from the lettuce (never thought I would use the word "lettuce" on this blog), but it's a pretty in-yo'-face kind of print, so the lettuce (along with the rest of the giant cheeseburger) takes the main stage. Tonight I opted to not wear both pieces at once; where I went, there was a lot of older sophisticated people and I didn't want to overwhelm them. Or give them a coronary. Heck, both of them together overwhelm me

In the few months that I've owned the outfit, I've worn the top quite a few times, but tonight was the skirt's caloric debut.



This black and silver-lurex crop sweater is from the Princess Vera Wang collection from Kohls. It's from a couple years ago, so I don't think it's still available.

This skirt is midi length. It looks like mine is the same length as the model's, but on me, it's quite a bit longer.
 I have it pulled right up below my bust to get it this length!

The Guess bag is a well-worn favorite, a gift from my most favorite aunt. The shoes are BCBGeneration. The style is"Cynthia" and if you search you can still find them!
I had my doubts about this outfit, but I really ended up loving it. The sweater has a relaxed fit, and I think it  made my broad shoulders look even broader, so I'm glad my bottom half was more fitted. The skirt got me a lot of looks. That's a good thing! I think. Well in the end it made people look, and if I had a problem with being looked at, that was not the skirt to wear.

So I hope all of you had a wonderful Saint Patrick's Day, whether you used it to celebrate the illustrious Saint Patrick, and the beautiful country of Ireland and it's culture. Or as just a day to wear a green tee shirt that reads "Kiss Me, I'm Irish.", drink beer, and run around pinching anyone who doesn't happen to be wearing a visible green garment.

Remember to stay true to your style, and play a little dress-up every once in a while.

Kisses, even if you're not Irish. -Kae xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Interesting skirt, I hope it didn't make anybody hungry....;P

    ReplyDelete