Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Who is Felicity?


Hmm...what to say? I have to admit, when people tell me that they like my style I get kind of confused. I mean, I tend to just grab whatever out of my closet, so my ensembles aren't really thought out. When I get to thinking about what I want to wear though, it takes me absolutely forever to decide. I love to wear black dresses, I feel like it suits my personality (which is pretty much the weirdest and most social introvert you could ever meet in your life.) I also wear long sleeves. All the time. I don't care how hot it is outside, I will wear long sleeves. Whether it be in a sweater or a jacket, I don't feel comfortable unless I'm wearing long sleeves.
This is something that I would wear and a normal day at school. I'd probably end up having to take off my beanie to avoid being dress coded, but that's my average outfit. I generally wear the ring to add a bit of a feminine look to it, because I've been mistaken for a boy more times than I can count. The bracelet and the necklace are more for decoration, I could care less if someone actually paid attention to them.  

This is something that I would wear on a day that I actually bother to think through my look. I overlay the dress with the cream cardigan, the necklace and the bangles because it adds the femininity look that I was going for, and makes it look less like I'm going to a funeral. 

But then you get those people in your life who ALWAYS seem to find a way to diss your fashion sense. Like, in the above examples, someone in my daily life would probably ask why I looked like a sailor, (in a nod to the anchor on my shirt), or why I look like somebody died (in a nod to my black dress). Don't let people like that get you down. I dress the way I dress because it makes me feel good about myself, and that's all fashion should do. It should make you feel beautiful and individualized. Honestly, I would go to school everyday in a Breakfast Club tee and skinny jeans if I could, because that's what I love. So dress how you want to dress and don't pay attention to the haters, because they are always going to be around.


No comments:

Post a Comment