Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Prom Dresses


Now, for those of you that didn't know, I'm currently in a relationship with a senior. Which of course has some drawbacks, like the fact that he's leaving, and that I won't see him for weeks at a time, etc. But then, there's prom. Senior prom, something that most freshman wouldn't get to go to. So, in this post, I'm going to give some prom advice for my fellow rockers and rebels.
I'm one of those girls that hate wearing girly things, I love to stand out. We all know that there is going to be at least one girl like this at prom:

Stereotypical prom queen, right? Perfect dress, bag, makeup, hair, shoes, blah blah blah. I personally would die if I went to prom like that. Then, you get the girls that secretly love the idea of prom but don't want anybody to know it:
So, they would probably dress like this. The blouse and slacks give hints that they care, but the fedora and Converse show something else. But who are you? A rebel, a lover, a fighter? I'm a rebel. My dream prom outfit is something with black and red. It shows my dark side and my caring, loving side. Something like....this:
God, I love it. Lets start with the dress. It's dressy enough to show that I'm excited to actually be at prom, but sassy and stylish enough to show that I do not want to be prom queen. The red bangles, bow, and earrings are lighter than the dress, giving a bright contrast to the crimson. The moon necklace, studded bracelet, bag, and black bow give a rebel vibe to my already controversial ensemble. The shoes, are fancy enough to count as prom attire, but so chic that people won't be able to help but stare.  

I'm telling you, it doesn't matter what you wear to your prom (or homecoming, or any dance for that matter). What matters is that you dress in something that you love, not what somebody else is telling you to wear. Because why should your fashion sense be controlled by someone else's opinion? Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and when you see yourself as beautiful, nothing else matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment